Saturday, March 17, 2012

When You've Lost Focus - A Writer In Distress

We all coming to a breaking point, and lately, I think I've been reaching near to mine
But it's taking every bit of sanity and prayer I can whisper to God to get me through
Yes, I've held on to some tears, and if I had sense, I would just let them go
But my sense of control of my emotions are at it's best, when I may need it to be at its worst

In my lack, I've found my focus to be lost and my rest to be disrupted
It seems so hard to regtain it all back
But if I was to tell the truth, I don't want the focus I had back
Now that I am encountering life at a different angle, do you not believe a new focus is needed?

Ok, so yes, I need to prioritize
But like I told myself earlier during my distress
I am realizing that some of the goals I have are not of my own
But only to make "them" happy

Yes, I want it for myself
But I've pushed myself to a limit that has caused me to grow weary
Yes, the bible says not to weary in well doing, Galations 6:9
But the Lord knows my spirit man exist in the flesh of a human

I am tired
I am worned
I am human
Never God

My middle school friends once called me Super Woman
My cousin whom I've only seen once says I have a busy life
I go around from school, work, and church
And the cycle repeats

I try to be Super Woman
My life is busy
And between school, work, and church
My being is beat

So, after I finish flunking this one course and sucessfully completing the other 5 courses
The rush will be over, because I am no longer pressed
Yes, I want to finish, but I must minimize the strain
Therefore, I will slow my pace

There's so much more that's going on in my life
So, no it's not school
It's everything from my job to my relationship with friends and family
It's even conflicting with my spirituality

I don't know what more to say besides the fact I am sitting in Panera
Trying to get around to an assignment that's due by 5pm
Which is the time I have to be at work
But I felt the need to blog

I'm not sure if you will get anything from this
Besides a piece of my mind and the life I live daily
But I hope in your journey of being focused
You find the peace to help balance it...

No comments:

Post a Comment