Never before in my life have I ever sat under a preacher for an hour who spoke so much about REAL LIFE and THE WORD. He spoke some on his book "10 Rules Before Dating" which I plan to purchase. Then he went into his message about how being single is a gift. He referenced to Paul, who was a single man and who wrote letters to the churches, which we can find in the New Testament of the Bible.
There were 3 types of singles he spoke on:
- Single and Sinning
- Single and Satisfied
- Single and Seeking
With single and sinning he touched on how Satan has the single folks wet and the married folks dry. It was quite hilarious when he said this, but it is true. He continued on to say that single folks are having more sex than married folks, which seems to be VERY true. Don't you agree?
The part I really want to get to in this post is where Vernon touched on the subject of "Soul Ties." He broke it down in a way I never heard. We grow up knowing and learning that you're suppose to wait until you're married t have sex, so it can represent purity and you want to give yourself to the person you're going to spend you whole life. But never have I really understood as "sex is for marriage and marriage is for sex." In other words, when you have sex with someone out of wedlock you are married to them, which then created a soul tie. Vernon went on to say that's why some people have problems in current relationships or marriages because of those they have divorced in the pass. Every time you lay with someone you are not married to they drop something from within their spirit to yours; therefore tying you two together. SO whatever he/she may be going through, you may be faced with those situations now.
Overall, it was a great service and that's what I got out of it! I hope you all were fed a little nugget from this post and if you want the whole meal I suggest checking R.A. Vernon out at Saint Paul's on April 27th, Richmond VA.
No comments:
Post a Comment