Friday, November 11, 2011

The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman

It seems that maybe I should go into the field of Marriage/Relationship Counseling, because based on some of the books I've been reading the knowledge really sticks with me. Unlike this Professional Communication major I am studying.

Recently, I just finished reading "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I must say, it was a great read and at the moment, lately I've been sizing up everybodys love language. And it has been an interesting observation.

Mainly, those who will probably read this book are either in a relationship, engaged, or married. I am neither, but it has giving me some guidance on how I should love my S.O. as an individual, and not just us as a couple. It's funny because I am anxious to love a person now in their love language.

So, as I venture out, I won't just love a person because it's the right thing to do, but I want to love them according to what makes them feel loved. And this is just not in a relationship. But you can view it as loving your family members in their love language and/or your friends. Ha! And maybe your enemies too.

Hmmm, I guess you're wondering the 5 Love Languages are? Well, I suggest you read it for yourself. And by the way, there are dialects too!

No comments:

Post a Comment