Sometimes I hum myself a lullaby
It leads me to my sleep
It soothes
It comforts
It allows me to escape
Sometimes I think my hums are me unknowingly praying to God
It happens so suddenly
That moments have passed that I realized I have come to this place
I don't always know what they mean
How they started
How they ended
Or the musical notes that are being chimed
This I do know
My hums lead me to a peaceful place
I don't know why I am posting about my hums, a little habit I have developed with age. I was raised with a grandfather that hums a lot, so maybe that's the root of it. I just think it so strange, because I can hum for several minutes and not realize it. As a baby I sucked my tongue, and I still do at the age of 25. It's a comforting place for me, but now humming has been added to that list of little habits.
No comments:
Post a Comment